This page will be used in the future for more collaborative work between VWHI trusted servants. For now…
Hey folks! Here’s the scoop on setting-up VWHI Email on phones, tablets, and computers:
EASIER: Webmail– using a browser like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, MS Edge, Opera, etc.: (main drawback- you only get new-mail alerts if you’re logged-in with your browser open)
- Go to: https://vwhi.org/webmail (it will redirect to https://vwhi.org:2096);
- Login: email address is your full VWHI email address including “@vwhi.org” and password;
- Select Horde (if asked) for default. (If you know/like one of the others, go ahead- they’re just interfaces, and you can change at any time through the settings).
BETTER: Email Apps– allows you to get alerts when new messages arrive, use contacts, etc.
It is *HIGHLY* recommended that you *not* use any app you are already using for another email account (for phones/tablets, frequently people use the built-in app), unless you are comfortable juggling accounts, as it’s easy to get email accounts mixed up and send mail from wrong account.
- iOS (iPhone, iPad)– A few recommendations for email apps:
- Android (phones & tablets)– recommendations for email apps:
- K9 Mail– https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9 if you are already using K9, you can try:
- BlueMail– https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.bluemail.mail
- Outlook– https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook
- Laptops / Desktops (Mac, Windows, Linux): If you’re already using the built-in Mail application for another email account, try:
- Settings- for all apps (if it does not auto-configure):
|username:||your full email address including “@vwhi.org”||your full email address including “@vwhi.org”|
NOW, send me a test message: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: March 14, 2019